Susan Docker, Executive Producer
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Drafts proposals, budgets and timelines
- Responsible for contracts and agreements
- Oversees timelines, task lists and scope
- Coordinates team members and manages the activities of any sub-contractors
- Researches and recruits test users in conjunction with clients
- Reviews client documents and attends meetings with clients as required
- Develops testing checklists and oversees testing and reporting
- Provides Producer role as required
Background in Brief:
Susan has been building websites and interactive projects for Pectopah’s clients for the last thirteen years. She has produced sites for Philips Lifeline (Canada and US), NABET700, Ontario Association of Police Service Boards, Canoe.ca, CIBC, the Law Society of Upper Canada, CBC Newsworld, and Arnold Interactive. She has taught online journalism at Sheridan College. Before founding Pectopah in 1998, Susan was the Senior Producer of CBC Television’s New Media Unit and a business consultant for Sympatico.ca.
Susan built her first website for CBC’s The Health Show in 1995. She had found her medium – the Internet just made sense and more importantly it gave everyone equal access to their audience. Susan also worked as a production coordinator for television documentaries and feature films and a bartender. She has a B.A. in history from the University of Toronto.